ORIJEN Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food, 25-lb
Large-breed puppies need a diet rich in protein to support their unique muscle mass and promote a healthy body weight. This delicious recipe features free-run chicken and turkey, whole, wild-caught fish, and cage-free eggs in richly nourishing WholePrey ratios that support large-breed, growing puppies.
- Rich in protein for large breed muscle mass to promote healthy weight and reduce stress on developing bones and joints
- With 38% richly nourishing protein and 20% carbohydrates to nourish large breed puppies according to their evolutionary and biological needs
- Free of rendered poultry meals, 1/3 of the meats are from dehydrated chicken and turkey (air-dried at low temperature from fresh meat) for a concentrated source of nourishing protein
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat, organs, cartilage and bones plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your puppy needs
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy pups
Deboned chicken, deboned turkey, yellowtail flounder, whole eggs, whole atlantic mackerel, chicken liver, turkey liver, chicken heart, turkey heart, whole atlantic herring, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated turkey liver, whole green peas, whole navy beans, red lentils, chicken necks, chicken kidney, pinto beans, chickpeas, green lentils, alfalfa, natural chicken flavor, lentil fiber, herring oil, ground chicken bone, chicken cartilage, chicken fat, turkey cartilage, dried kelp, freeze-dried chicken liver, freeze-dried turkey liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, apples, pears, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, zinc proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.
Crude protein (min.) 38 % Crude fat (min.) 16 % Crude fiber (max.) 6 % Moisture (max.) 12 % DHA (min.) 0.2 % EPA (min.) 0.2 % Calcium (min.) 1.2 % Phosphorus (min.) 1.0 % Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 3 % Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.8 % Glucosamine* (min.) 600 mg/kg Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 600 mg/kg Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
Every large puppy is unique and their feeding requirements will vary with environment, age, and activity. That is why it is suggested starting with the guide below, and then monitoring your dog's weight and adjusting the portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
|Expected Adult Weight|
|11 lb.||1 1/3|
|22 lb.||2 1/3|
|66 lb.||2 2/3||4 1/4||5 1/3|
|88 lb.||-||3 1/3||4||5 1/3|
|110 lb.||-||-||4||4 3/4||6 1/4|
|132 lb.||-||-||-||4 1/2||5 1/3||7 1/4|
|176 lb.||-||-||-||-||-||5 1/2|
Gestation: increase from 25% to 50% of the adult amount
Lactation: free feed